Luxury Tour Portugal
In the 15th century, Portugal took a large step into the spotlight when it launched a series of exploratory voyages around the globe. These journeys, led by Ferdinand Magellan and Vasco da Gama, drastically impacted the course of globalization and made the Portuguese Empire the largest in the world. The mementos of this grandeur are now unmistakably visible throughout the country.
Portugal displays a tremendous collection of UNESCO world Heritage sites, unparalleled culinary masterpieces, striking landscapes and exclusive private rural estates. From the iconic landmarks of Lisbon, the lush vineyards in the Douro Valley, the vintage Port wines and seafood counterparts found in Porto and the charming medieval towns of rural Alentejo, to name a few, a luxury trip to Portugal will without a doubt surpass all your expectations.
Please note: This private tour to Portugal is an example, as all of our luxury journeys are custom-made.
Lisbon (2 nights)
Begin your luxury tour of Portugal in Lisbon where you will be greeted by your host and taken to the Four Seasons Hotel, located in the heart of the historic city center. As one of the capitals of Romanticism in Europe, Lisbon showcases a remarkable mix of charmingly colorful architecture and a captivating vintage soulfulness, a mere taste of Portugal’s essence. Over the next 3 days, unravel the mysteries of this historically complex European capital.
Explore Belém, home to the Jerónimos Monastery and the Tower of Belém, both UNESCO World Heritage sites. Visit Sintra’s famous, fairy-tale like, Pena Palace as well as some of Lisbon’s finest beaches in the coastal city of Cascais. Discover the city’s main attractions including Rossio Square, the Church of Saint Roque and the Se Cathedral. In the evening, prepare for an unforgettable live Fado show.
The next morning, explore some of Europe’s most famous museums including the Calouste Gulbenkian and the Berardo Collection. Alternatively, head out on an exclusive shopping experience around Lisbon’s finest artisanal shops and specialty stores.
Alentejo (2 nights)
Over the following days of your luxury trip to Portugal, you will explore the idyllic Alentejo countryside. Begin with an exclusive private tour of the vintage barrels at a historical Quinta once owned by King João V. Then, enjoy a wine tasting of only the best productions followed by a delicious traditional lunch with the owner and his wife. Following lunch, you will be taken to the city of Evora, the capital of the Alentejo Province, to explore its historical city center, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Afterwards, you will be transferred to São Lourenço do Barrocal, an exclusive 1900 acre farm estate, where you will spend the remainder of the evening at your leisure.
The next day, set out for a hiking or mountain biking excursion towards Alqueva Lake with your private expert guide. Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch comprised of regional delicacies with spectacular views of the Alentejo Region in a charming natural setting. Relax by the pool and spa for the afternoon. Later, set out on a horseback-riding (or hiking or vehicle) excursion following an ancient trail until you reach medieval Monsaraz in time to observe the alluring sunset.
Porto (2 nights)
Continuing on your luxury travels through Portugal, take a short 50-minute flight from Lisbon to Porto, a coastal city in the northwest famed for its Port wine production. After a delicious lunch, depart on a private boat tour to see the famous bridges of Porto, one of the only European cities to have 6 major bridges, including one built by Gustave Eiffel. Later, enjoy an exclusive VIP tour and Port tasting at the Grahams Port Lodge. In the evening, enjoy a gourmet dinner at your hotel.
No luxury trip to Portugal would be complete without a gastronomic sightseeing tour. Head out in the morning around the city passing by Porto’s historic waterfront neighborhood, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy lunch along the tour at a local seafood restaurant by the Douro River. Back at the hotel, spend the afternoon at you leisure and take some time to relax at the Yeatman Caudalie Vinotherapy Spa. In the late afternoon, you will be privately transferred to the beach for a fabulous gourmet dinner with spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Douro Valley (2 nights)
In the morning, you will be privately transferred to the Douro Valley (Approx. 1.5 hours). Along the way you will have the option to enjoy an 18 mile biking adventure ending in Amarante or a visit to Guimarães, a historic city marked with an impressive UNESCO World Heritage site at its center. Continue on to the Six Senses for check-in. Relax at your leisure in the afternoon at the Six Sense Spa or pool. After taking time to wind down, indulge in a private tasting of rare Tawny selections at an exclusive Port vineyard. In the early evening, you will be privately transferred to one of acclaimed Chef Rui Paula’s restaurants for dinner with spectacular views of the river.
During your stay in the Douro Valley, you will have the opportunity to explore the picturesque village of Provesende. Enjoy fresh homemade pastries at a bakery in the heart of the village. From there, begin a 3 mile downhill hike towards Pinhão with beautiful scenery of the local vineyards and terraces along the way. Embark on a private boating venture down the Douro River until you reach a private wine estate. Enjoy an exclusive red wine tasting followed by lunch on a terrace with breathtaking panoramic views. In the evening, enjoy a delicious dinner made with fresh ingredients harvested only as needed, at the hotel.
- Include a visit to Madeira, a 4-island archipelago with a warm and sunny subtropical climate. Madeira is home to spectacular natural wonders including the largest surviving primary forest of laurel called the Laurisilva of Madeira, a UNESCO World Heritage Site within Madeira National Park. While there, go on an exclusive private whale watching excursion, hiking and canyoning through the lush green forests and enjoy the freshest catches of local seafood at traditional restaurants.
- Spend time relaxing in Algarve, Portugal’s southernmost region, known for its sunny Mediterranean climate and beautiful beaches. During your stay enjoy views from scenic cliffs overlooking sandy coves while savoring the region’s famed seafood delicacies.
- As a historical continuation to your journey, visit the captivating region of Andalucia in Spain, where Arab and Christian heritage blend to create fascinating age-old traditions and breathtaking monuments.
- Alentejo Region
- Douro River
- Douro Valley
- Madeira (recommended extension)
- Private boating
- Horseback riding
- Access to an 18th centruy manor house in Sintra for drinks and pastries with the owner
- Exclusive shopping outing around Lisbon’s finest artisanal shops and specialty stores
- Experience an exclusive private tour of a historical Quinta once owned by King João V and lunch with the present owner
- Enjoy a private horseback riding experience through an ancient path leading to a scenic hilltop view of the sunset from a picturesque medieval village
- Gourmet picnics in awe-inspiring natural settings
- Exclusive VIP tour and Port tasting at the Graham’s Port Lodge with a senior executive of the company
- Scholar led private lectures about the history and technique behind Port wine production
- After hours visits to historical landmarks including Clerigos Church and Tower in Porto
- Private boating excurions along the Douro River in Porto and in the Douro Valley
- Exclusive access to only the finest gourmet restaurants all over Portugal with spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Douro River and private garden terraces
- Exclusive meeting with acclaimed chef Rui Paula
- And much more...
- Best Time to Go
- Recommended Stay
- Price Reference
(9 Days, Private party of 2)
- Price Reference
(9 Days, Private party of 4)
- Price Reference
(9 Days, Private party of 6)
- April > October
- 8 - 12 Days
- Starting at $17,000
- Starting at $12,000
- Starting at $10,000
Note: Prices will vary based on the specifics of your itinerary and the number of passengers in your party.
What is included in your luxury tour to Portugal:
- Luxury accommodations at
- The Four Seasons Hotel Ritz (Lisbon)
- São Lourenço do Barrocal (Alentejo)
- The Yeatman Hotel (Porto)
- Six Senses (Douro Valley)
- Services of Blue Parallel hosts and private specialized guides throughout the journey
- All special events, private guided tours, private excursions, private outdoor activities, spa treatments, entrance fees
- Continual monitoring of your journey by a Blue Parallel team composed of a personal travel expert in our offices, and a personal host in each destination. In addition, a "behind the scenes" logistical expert is staffed on each trip in order to monitor every step of the journey. The team is on call 24-hours a day during a trip.
- All transportation
- Some meals
- A Blue Parallel customized travel kit that you will receive prior to departure