Luxury Tour The Amazon, Peru, Ecuador, and Brazil
The Amazon is one of the world's greatest natural resources and stretches across 9 countries in South America with a great majority located in Brazil, Peru and Ecuador. The Amazon is filled with unparalleled diversity and is home to half of the world's remaining rainforest and one in ten known species in the world. Over 500 mammals, 175 lizards and 300 other reptile species, and one third of the world's birds live in the Amazon where 20% of the earth's oxygen is produced. The region is the most bio diverse on earth: a single square kilometer yields over 1,000 types of trees.
Though the region is the planet's greatest monument of nature, it is also the most threatened, stating the importance of education and conservation. A luxury trip to the Amazon creates an unparalleled opportunity to learn from this most vital yet delicate force of nature. The Amazon provides a spectacular setting for travelers to combine their love of nature with exploration and adventure.
Please note: this private tour to Peru, Ecuador, and Brazil is an example, as all of our luxury journeys are custom-made.
In Brazil, fly into Manaus followed by a private hydroplane flight to the Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge located on the world's largest river archipelago with close proximity to the Meeting of the Waters and the fabled Amazon River.
While in Ecuador, fly to Coca and explore the rainforest from the Napo Wildlife Center, which is focused on eco-tourism and run by members of the local indigenous community.
In Peru, we recommend the Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica located near Puerto Maldonado, a short flight from Cusco. Exotic, yet accessible, this rustically elegant lodge is situated in a private reserve, surrounded by a vast jungle canopy and located alongside the Madre de Dios River.
All options of these luxury tours of the Amazon, will include an expert naturalist guide who will accompany you as you discover the rainforest from above the treetops on a canopy, boating along the rivers at night to search for caiman, hiking and canoeing to spot the exotic wildlife of the rainforest. Go piranha fishing, alligator spotting or learn how to shoot a traditional bow and arrow. The possibilities are endless and specific activities can be incorporated into your itinerary depending on your interests.
An alternative way of seeing the Amazon is aboard a luxurious cruise ship. Explore the headwaters of the Amazon located near Iquitos, Peru on a 3, 4 or 7 night cruise aboard the M/V Aqua or M/V Aria depending on your interests. Discover remote estuaries in the Peruvian rainforest and the Pacaya Samira Reserve. Twice the size of Yellowstone Park, this area teems with wild aquatic life. Learn techniques from local fishermen and explore the Amazon by foot as you hike through the jungle. See pink dolphins and sloths, along with caimans (small alligators), macaws and other bird species.
Private charter options are also available for luxury travel to the Amazon. The Delfin I is an ideal charter option for a small party. During your cruise, our on-board naturalist guide will accompany your explorations, and your suggestions will help plan the flexible itinerary. Blue Parallel will staff the ship according to the requirements of your group.
- The quaint colonial beach towns of Trancoso and Corumbau, Bahia
- The impressive Iguassu Falls, declared one of the 7 natural wonders of the world
- Fernando de Noronha - a pristine archipelago of natural beauty, 215 miles off the Northeastern coast of Brazil
- The ciudade maravilhosa (marvelous city) of Rio de Janeiro
- Relax and indulge on the Emerald Coast in Southern Brazil
- Spend 4 to 7 memorable days aboard your private cruise ship in the Galapagos Islands to experience the amazing flora and fauna that inhabit these islands
- Spend 2 nights before or after your trip in the Andean Highlands to experience Ecuador's highland culture and its breathtaking natural beauty
- Lake Titikaka, the highest navigable lake in the world, is renowned for its intense blue waters, fascinating floating islands, and distinct local culture
- Visit Colca Canyon & Arequipa to witness the majestic flight of the giant Andean condors and the famed "white city," built in the foothills of the Misti Volcano
- Discover the Incan civilization on a memorable journey to Machu Picchu. Visit the colonial treasures of Cusco, the archeological ruins of the Sacred Valley, and explore the fascinating Machu Picchu ruins on different hikes.
- The Amazon River
- The Rio Negro River
- The Meeting of the Waters
- Unique ancestral history of indigenous communities
- The Pacaya Samira Reserve
- Bow & Arrow hunting
- Piranha fishing
- Bird watching
- Alligator spotting
- Aerial sightseeing tour over the Meeting of the Waters
- Private excursions and services with expert naturalist guides
- Exclusive lodging in a canopy tree house complete with waiter and butler
- Private dining experiences in natural settings
- Private plane and helicopter services
- And much more...
- Best Time to Go
- Recommended Stay
- Price Reference
(7 Days, Private party of 2)
- 5 - 8 days
- $7,500 - $10,000
Note: Prices will vary based on the specifics of your itinerary.
Parties of 4 or more will benefit from lower prices per passenger.
What is included in your luxury tour to the Amazon in Peru, Ecuador, and Brazil:
- Accommodations at one of the following:
- Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge (Brazilian Amazon)
- La Selva Amazon Eco Lodge (Ecuadorian Amazon)
- Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica (Puerto Maldonado, Peruvian Amazon) or
- Cabins aboard luxurious cruises - M/V Aqua, M/V Aria and Delfin I & II (Iquitos, Peruvian Amazon)
- Internal flights
- Services of Blue Parallel hosts and private specialized guides throughout the journey
- All special events, private guided tours, private excursions, private outdoor activities, entrance fees
- Continual monitoring of your journey by a Blue Parallel team composed of a personal travel expert in our offices, and a personal host in each destination. In addition, a "behind the scenes" logistical expert is staffed on each trip in order to monitor every step of the journey. The team is on call 24-hours a day during a trip
- All transportation
- Most meals
- A Blue Parallel customized travel kit that you will receive prior to departure