Luxury Tour Colombia
Welcome to Colombia, a patchwork of lush green valleys, crystal clear Caribbean waters, magnificent colonial ports, accelerating modern cities and vibrant cultures all weaved into one spectacular country. From the voluptuous works of Botero and awe-inspiring wax palms to the sensual expression of Colombia’s salsa and romance of Cartagena’s cobble-stoned Old Town, Colombia will capture each of your senses and desires. Experience the myriad climates, people and cultures, from coastal Caribbean to the terraced green slopes of the Andes Mountains. Have the option to go horseback riding through coffee plantations, hiking through cloud and pine forests, or snorkeling with a dazzling area of sea life, all while sipping on some of the world’s best coffee.
Blue Parallel creates a magical experience where you will unwind in a tropical paradise with idyllic Caribbean beaches, traverse hanging bridges over rushing streams, and discover architectural heritage and vibrant cultures all from the luxury of your boutique hotels or private estate.
Please note: this private tour to Colombia is an example, as all of our luxury journeys are custom-made.
Bogota (2 nights)
Begin your luxury trip to Colombia with an international evening flight arrival into Bogota. Greeting by your personal host and private transfer to your hotel located in Zona G, where world-class dining, shopping and sightseeing opportunities lie just outside your door. Spend the remainder of the evening at leisure as you settle in. The following day, with an expert guide visit the Botero Museum in the La Candelaria neighborhood which showcases Fernando Botero’s famous voluptuous, over-the-top, Renaissance-inspired portraits. Later stop by Bogota’s Gold Museum which displays the biggest selection of pre-Hispanic gold work collection in the world. End the day dining at one of the superb restaurants in Zona G or Zona Rosa, the famous gastronomical neighborhoods of Bogota located by your hotel.
Coffee Region (2 nights)
Continue your luxury Colombia travels with a non-stop morning flight to Armenia located in the Coffee Region, and private transfer to a private estate and farm where you will depart on a 3 hour private horseback riding excursion with your expert guide. During the ride, pass through a variation of plant and fruit crops from pineapple, sugar cane and other citrus fruits to the beautiful heliconias and an extensive bamboo forest. Upon arrival at a small river, stop and enjoy a picnic lunch as you take in your beautiful lush surroundings. Option to experience an exhilarating mountain biking excursion through the Andes. In the afternoon, visit a local coffee plantation where you will learn how coffee is produced from planting to roasting. In the evening and in the comfort of your private estate, enjoy a traditional Colombian BBQ exclusively prepared for your party.
The next day, depart for the Valle de Cocora located in Los Nevados National Natural Park. Located in the Central Cordillera of the Andean mountain, Valle de Cocora is the principal location of the national tree and symbol of Colombia, the Quindío wax palm, as well as a wide variety of other flora and fauna (some endangered). Wax palms grow in large clusters containing hundreds of trees, can grow up to 60 meters and live up to 120 years!
Upon arrival at the national park, venture out on your spectacular 4 hour trek through the valley. Begin your ascent, hiking toward the high Andean cloud and pine forest passing numerous bird species such as hummingbirds and woodpeckers. Once you arrive at the highest point, stop for lunch as you enjoy the views over the rolling hills and famous wax palms. Descend to the low valley river, crossing hanging bridges and dense shrubs as you witness the vegetation change dramatically from forest to jungle. In the afternoon, stop at the village of Salento for a private coffee tasting. Much like a typical wine tasting, enjoy a full sensory experience and triangulation test designed to increase your sensitivity to minute differences in coffee characteristics. Relax by the pool or around the gardens of your estate in the evening.
During your time in the Coffee Region, you will stay in an exclusive 4-bedroom private estate and retreat set in a picturesque countryside, between bamboo forests and rolling hillsides, where one can totally disconnect from it all. The property comes with a full Blue Parallel staff and a large outdoor area with a swimming pool filled with fresh running water from the nearby stream and area for yoga. Each evening, Blue Parallel will organize a special dinner in one of the estate’s many outdoor dining areas. Whether it’s a quiet romantic candle-lit dinner or a lively family BBQ serving traditional delicacies and typical arepas, it will surely be a night to remember.
Cartagena (3 nights)
Morning flight to Cartagena via Bogota where you will continue your luxury tour of Colombia. Greeting by your personal host and private transfer to your hotel located in the historical center of town. With your expert guide, spend the afternoon on a sightseeing tour of this enchanting city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site filled with romantic cobble-stoned streets and beautiful colonial architecture. Surrounded by Las Murallas and spotted with churches, monasteries, plazas, palaces and mansions, Cartagena’s charming old town is not to be missed.
The next day, enjoy a full day of private yachting to the archipelago of the Rosario Islands where Blue Parallel has handpicked the best islands centered on beautiful white sand beaches, crystal clear Caribbean water and ultimate privacy. Visit secluded, uncharted and deserted islets known only to local fisherman and spend the day relaxing on board, by the beach or swimming in the pristine Caribbean water. Optional stop at a private villa on one of the Islas to enjoy a gourmet lunch prepared by an esteemed chef followed by time at leisure spent watching the sunset from your hammock which overlooks the ocean, cocktail in hand. On the way to the islands, you will pass through Bocagrande, a defensive fortification built by the Spanish to safeguard this important port.
The following day, participate in a morning salsa class just for your party in a privately owned 16th century home and learn the fancy footwork from professional salsa dancers. Later, enjoy time at leisure as you independently explore this historically packed city. In the evenings, dine at Cartagena’s best restaurants which offer a variety of seafood and Caribbean specialties followed by a mojito, and dance at one of the vibrant salsa clubs in town.
On your last day, private transfer to the airport in time to catch your direct flight back home.
- Tayrona National Park, where the Colombian jungle meets the Caribbean ocean, is a magical place for nature-lovers and beach-lovers alike. This protected park is set on the jungle-covered coast at the foot of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta and is home to over 100 mammal and 300 bird species as well as 31 reptile, 15 amphibian, 202 sponge, 471 crustacean, and more than 1,000 more marine species. As for terrestrial fauna, there are over 770 plant species, ranging from cacti to trees that reach a height of 30 meters. Become awe-inspired by the incredible flora and fauna that bear witness to life, not to mention some of the most spectacular beaches in Colombia.
- Spend 5 to 8 memorable days aboard your cruise ship in the Galapagos Islands to experience the amazing flora and fauna that inhabit these islands.
- Spend 2 nights before or after your trip to the Galapagos Islands in Quito or the Andean Highlands to experience Ecuador's highland culture and its breathtaking natural beauty.
- Discover the Incan civilization on a memorable journey to Machu Picchu. Visit the colonial treasures of Cusco, the archeological ruins of the Sacred Valley, and explore the fascinating Machu Picchu ruins on different hikes.
- Lake Titikaka, the highest navigable lake in the world, is renowned for its intense blue waters, fascinating floating islands, and distinct local culture.
- Visit Colca Canyon & Arequipa to witness the majestic flight of the giant Andean condors and the famed "white city," built in the foothills of the Misti Volcano.
- The Amazon Basin, home to the world's remaining rainforest and unparalleled diversity.
- From the highland rainforests with their hidden waterfalls, to the Pacific Ocean where the dense jungle and palm trees meet the sand, Costa Rica offers unbridled experiences.
Guatemala & Belize
- Discover the cultural and natural gems of Tikal and the Belize Reef. The rich Mayan traditions of Guatemala and the excitement of the Belize barrier reef provide a harmonic and unforgettable experience.
- Botero Museum
- Gold Museum
- Coffee Region
- Coffee plantations
- Valle de Cocora
- Salento village
- Rosario Islands
- Horseback riding
- Mountain biking
- Horseback riding through lush surrounding farm lands of a private estate in the Coffee Region
- Private visit to local coffee plantation to learn about the production of coffee from planting to roasting using an open-top Jeep Wrangler
- Exclusive access to a private home and estate located between bamboo forests and rolling hillsides. The property comes with a full staff and large outdoor area with a swimming pool filled with fresh running water from the nearby stream, a badminton court, and area for yoga
- Gourmet picnics set up in spectacular outdoor settings specially prepared by personal chef. Presentation includes proper table setting with fine glassware and a professional waiter
- Private coffee orientation and tasting in Salento
- Private yachting excursion to the Rosario Islands to visit secluded and deserted islets known only to local fisherman
- Option to enjoy exclusive access to a privately owned villa located on a private island of the Rosario Islands
- Salsa classes with professional dancers in a privately owned 16th century home
- Private rum tasting with expert sommelier in a privately owned 16th century home in Cartagena
- Private cooking class with esteemed local chef in Cartagena
- Optional meetings with top athletes, members of the academic community and business leaders
- VIP airport assistance
- And much more…
- Best time to go
- Recommended Stay
- Price Reference
(8 Days, Private party of 2)
- Price Reference
(8 Days, Private party of 4)
- December > March
June > August
- 7 -9 Days
- $11,500 - $13,500*
- $9,500 - $11,500*
Note: Prices will vary based on the specifics of your itinerary.
Parties of 6 or more will benefit from lower prices per passenger
What is included in your luxury tour to Colombia:
- Luxury accommodations at
- Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina (Bogota)
- Private 4-Bedroom Estate (Coffee Region)
- Casa San Agustin or Sofitel Santa Clara (Cartagena)
- Internal flights
- Services of a Blue Parallel host and private specialized guides throughout the journey
- All special events, private guided tours, private excursions, private outdoor activities, entrance fees
- Continual monitoring of your journey by a Blue Parallel team composed of a personal travel expert in our offices, and a personal host in each destination. In addition, a “behind the scenes” logistical expert is staffed on each trip in order to monitor every step of the journey. The team is on call 24-hours a day during a trip
- All transportation
- Most meals
- A Blue Parallel customized travel kit that you will receive prior to departure