Luxury Tour Tikal & Belize Reef, Guatemala & Belize
As you look up at the majestic ruins of Tikal (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), located in the Guatemalan jungle, you can imagine the lives the Mayan people led here as far back as 6,000 B.C. This is only a part of the wonder of luxury travel in Guatemala, known not only for its incredible ruins but for its enduring indigenous traditions, the charming colonial city of Antigua, another UNESCO World Heritage Site, and a diversity of gorgeous landscapes ranging from the picturesque crystal blue Lake Atitlan to the deep jungle. Guatemala has one of the most unique and pronounced indigenous cultures in Central America, and its cultural attractions make it an ideal destination for the discerning traveler.
Bordering Guatemala, Belize is a gem of aquatic wildlife and outdoor adventures. Its barrier reef system is the world's second largest, and it offers the best underwater adventures in the Caribbean.
From the rich Mayan traditions of Guatemala to the excitement of the Belize barrier reef, visiting the two nations gives a harmonic experience combined with both cultural and natural gems which will prove to be unforgettable.
Please note: this private tour to Guatemala and Belize is an example, as all of our luxury journeys are custom-made.
Antigua (1 night)
Begin your luxury trip to Guatemala when you fly into Guatemala City, where you will be greeted and taken by private transfer to Antigua, a charming colonial city characterized by cobblestone streets and colorful houses. Your expert guide will show you the historical center with its exquisite architecture, the Cathedral, and its many buildings from the colonial era.
Lake Atitlán (2 nights)
Drive along the road of the volcanoes to your private villa or hotel at Casa Palopó, overlooking beautiful Lake Atitlán, your second destination on your luxury tour of Guatemala. Its natural beauty is complemented by the rich culture found in the traditional villages that surround it, where the residents still wear typical Mayan dress which varies from town to town according to time-honored customs. At Lake Atitlán, go on your private motorboat to explore the villages, stopping along the way to see spiritual sights such as the shrine to the Mayan deity, Maximon. Receive an introduction by an esteemed scholar on the unique Mayan cultural and spiritual heritage of the local community. Have lunch at your private villa or at the hotel and relax at the pool, enjoying the views of the lake and the volcanoes. In the evening, learn about local cuisine as a chef performs a private cooking demonstration. Throughout your time in Lake Atitlan, explore the lake and its surrounding forests on kayaking and hiking excursions with your local guide.
Petén (2 nights)
At Casa Palopó’s helipad, board your private helicopter to fly to the Petén region via Guatemala City. Along the way, stop in the Mirador archeological complex, known for its abundance of Mayan pyramids, some of which are the largest in the world. Of its 26 known sites, only 14 have been studied; an estimated 30 more await discovery. Upon arrival, you will embark on an hour and a half long hike to the complex where you will explore its ancient mystery with your personal expert guide. Later, board your private helicopter and head to the Las Lagunas Boutique Hotel. The next day, enjoy a private, guided tour of Tikal and learn about the ancient Mayan civilization and archaeological importance of these impressive ruins. Located in the heart of the jungle and boasting over 3,000 structures, Tikal was declared a UNESCO Cultural and Natural World Heritage Site in 1979. Listen to howler monkeys, spot toucans and enjoy the jungle atmosphere as you explore the superb temples, palaces, and public squares with your own personal guide. While staying at Las Lagunas, explore the Quexil Lagoon with your personal kayaking guide as you spot the wildlife. During your stay, you will meet with a scholar from the local university to learn about the Mayan history and civilization, giving more life to your experiences at the ruins themselves.
Placencia (3 nights)
Continue your luxury travel in Belize as you drive across the Belizean border where you will then fly by private plane to Placencia, on the Southern Caribbean coast. Throughout your luxury Belize tour, stay at the Coppola-owned Turtle Inn, an intimate property in Balinese design with the décor and design chosen by Mr. Coppola himself. Embark on a snorkeling or diving excursion with your personal guide. You will be taken out on a private boat to a deserted cay where you will explore the beautiful Belize Barrier Reef from beneath the surface. You will have a gourmet picnic lunch served on the beach as you take in the surroundings and rest. As guests of the Turtle Inn, enjoy the property's spa, restaurants, beaches, and pools at your own leisure. On your final day of your luxury Belize trip, depart Placencia by private plane and head for Belize City, while enjoying an aerial sightseeing tour over the spectacular Belize barrier reef system including the breathtaking Blue Hole.
- Explore the Belizean jungle vegetation characteristic of Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve
- Discover the colonial elegance, Mayan heritage and untouched natural beauty of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Colonial architecture in the charming city of Antigua
- Lake Atitlan and the highlands of Guatemala
- The Mayan archaeological sites of Tikal, El Mirador and Yaxha
- The Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System
- The Blue Hole
- Private boat excursions
- Aerial sightseeing tours
- Scuba diving
- Sea kayaking
- Stay in private properties
- Meet with an esteemed scholar, Vincent Stazione, who will provide an introduction to the unique Mayan cultural and spiritual heritage of the local residents
- Meet with Socorro Sicay Perez who has been awarded for her efforts to recuperate traditional weaving techniques
- Visit to the shrine of the Mayan deity Maximon in the rural community of Concepcion and participate in a spiritual ceremony performed by a local Shaman
- Private helicopter transfer and exclusive visit to El Mirador pyramid complex
- Private aerial sightseeing over the road of the volcanoes and the Belize reef system
- Meeting with an expert scholar from a local university in Guatemala who will give you an introduction to the ancient Mayan civilization
- Private snorkeling or diving with a professional guide
- Private plane and helicopter services throughout Belize and Guatemala
- VIP airport services
- And much more...
- Best time to go
- Recommended Stay
- Price Reference
(9 Days, Private party of 2)
- Price Reference
(9 Days, Private party of 4)
- November > April
- 8 - 10 Days
- $16,500 - $18,500
- $13,000 - $15,500
Note: Prices will vary based on the specifics of your itinerary.
Parties of 6 or more will benefit from lower prices per passenger.
What is included in your luxury tour to Guatemala and Belize:
- Luxury accommodations at
- El Convento Boutique Hotel (Antigua)
- Casa Palopó (Lake Atitlan)
- Las Lagunas Boutique Hotel (Tikal)
- Turtle Inn (Placencia)
- Private plane and helicopter services for all internal travel
- Services of Blue Parallel hosts and private specialized guides throughout the journey
- All special events, private guided tours, private excursions, private outdoor activities, entrance fees
- Continual monitoring of your journey by a Blue Parallel team composed of a personal travel expert in our offices, and a personal host in each destination. In addition, a "behind the scenes" logistical expert is staffed on each trip in order to monitor every step of the journey. The team is on call 24-hours a day during a trip
- All transportation
- Most meals
- A Blue Parallel customized travel kit that you will receive prior to departure