Luxury Tour Adriatic Coast, Croatia & Montenegro
World-renowned oceanographer Jacques Cousteau once proclaimed the Adriatic so crystal clear that it may be the purest sea in the Mediterranean. This still rings true today when you will experience a luxury trip to Croatia and Montenegro that will introduce you to views of unparalleled beauty – from sparkling seas, to red-roofed towns seemingly clinging to the cliff tops, to swathes of forested hillsides. Life in Croatia and Montenegro harks back to that of the Mediterranean of the past – and with olive groves to rival Italy’s finest, welcoming artisan vineyards and acres of lavender fields, it is easy to see why. Visit Dubrovnik, the ‘Pearl of the Adriatic’ and voyage through history, soaking up the past Venetian glory – still remaining from nearly four centuries of rule to the end of the 18th Century. The Adriatic beckons the discerning traveler back to life’s more basic pleasures. Eating freshly caught fish, biking on the rolling trails through the olive groves, splashing in crystalline turquoise waters or enjoying the seasonal rhythms of the Mediterranean way of life; Croatia and Montenegro is the area where life slows for a moment.
Please note that the following private tour to Croatia and Montenegro is an example, as all of our luxury journeys are custom-made. Incorporated in the suggested itinerary below are all of the must-see highlights from Split, Croatia to Sveti Stefan in Montenegro. During your time exploring the Adriatic Coast, you will stay in the best rooms at the best hotels in each destination, all previously vetted by Blue Parallel. You will discover Croatia and Montenegro from both land and sea and will have a private motor boat at your disposal on certain days of the journey. Each day, you will have a dedicated team of experts who will guide you through your stay. Enjoy Croatia and Montenegro through a wonderful and enticing mix of outdoor adventures, culturally enlightening and genuine local experiences.
Split (1 night)
International flight arrival into Split, Croatia’s second-largest city. As you exit the secured area, you will be greeted by your personal guide and taken by private transfer to your hotel located in the heart of the Diocletian’s Palace. Your boutique hotel, with exposed ancient walls from the three adjacent palaces combining Roman, Gothic and Renaissance styles, is the perfect jumping off point for your Dalmatian experience. To start your luxury tour of Croatia, enjoy a light walking tour through the old city, recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and explore Split’s living monuments which date back to 293 AD.
Hvar (2 nights)
Embark on your private motor boat and depart for your full day adventure around the Dalmatian Islands with your personal captain and guide. First pass Komiža located on the western coast of Vis Island where you will see horseshoe bays and crumbling 17th century townhouses which line the coast and harbors. Continue on to Biševo home to the spectacular Blue Grotto, Modra Špilja. On the way, you will have the option to disembark and continue by sea kayak into the cave with your expert guide. Return to your boat and continue your exploration of the Dalmatian Islands stopping in hidden coves and idyllic beaches around Vis Island as well as the stunning Pakleni Island Archipelago dotted with emerald green islands, until finally arriving in Hvar where you will spend the evening.
The next day, set off on a breathtaking hike through Hvar which takes you along the coast and up into a deserted historic stone village where you will try a traditional Hvarian lunch. Later, return to Hvar town with your guide and private vehicle, visiting the majestic Španjola Fortress along the way.
Dubrovnik (2 nights)
Head out into the Adriatic once again for a morning of island discovery on your private motor boat. Begin with a stop at the island of Korčula and enjoy a sightseeing tour through this typical medieval walled Dalmatian city. Following lunch by the sea, return to your private boat and depart south to the southern coast of the Pelješac Peninsula.
Here you will get a unique opportunity to try these delicacies al fresco during a private oyster tasting accompanied with fine local white wine and fresh mussels cooked at a private estate.
The next morning, depart from the stone shore of your hotel on a private sea kayaking excursion to explore the caves of Lokrum Island and acquaint yourself with Dubrovnik from the seaside as you paddle beneath the old city walls. After lunch and time at leisure, your expert guide will then take you into this beautiful city, known as the Pearl of the Adriatic. Let yourself become inspired as you walk along the ancient city walls which have protected a civilized, sophisticated republic for centuries, and look over the endless shimmer of the Adriatic. Luxury travel in Croatia is about experiencing this country’s charming past with modern conveniences.
Montenegro (2 nights)
In the morning, depart for Montenegro. Here you will have the option to enter the country by car or exclusively by private motor boat into Perast located in the fjord-like Bay of Kotor, Montenegro, a protected UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its historical importance during the Middle Ages and the dramatic coastal mountain range which welcomes you as you enter the bay. You will then continue on by private transfer to your hotel, Aman Sveti Stefan.
Originally a small fortified town dating back to the 15th century, Sveti Stefan is a fairy-tale island, connected to the mainland by causeway. Aman, a name synonymous with unparalleled service and intimate experiences in unique settings, recently restored the entire medieval village into a first-class luxury hotel. During your time here, you will stay at the stately stone manse known as Villa Miločer – once the summer residence of Queen Marija Karađorđević – which lies on a 32-hectare seaside estate graced with ancient cedar and pine forests.
The following day, relax on the famous Queen’s Beach located along Montenegro’s most renowned stretch of coastline just a short walk from your villa. In the afternoon, enjoy a rejuvenating massage from the Aman Spa, which many say is a destination unto itself. And later, explore Sveti Stefan’s uniquely atmospheric island of cobbled lanes, quaint courtyards and remarkable sea views.
On your final day, you will be taken by private transfer to Dubrovnik Airport and assisted with check-in for your international flight home.
- Often referred to as the “new Tuscany”, Istria is an alluring destination for food and wine lovers. The gastronomy of Istria represents complete harmony of flavors from delicate white truffles to exquisite Mediterranean seafood and wine. Explore this rugged and hilly peninsula – excellent for mountain and road biking excursions – using the town of Rovinj as your base.
- Enjoy a day trip to the Plitivice Lakes, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most beautiful national parks in Croatia. The sixteen lakes which are inter-connected by a series of waterfalls are renowned for their distinctive colors, ranging from azure to green, grey or blue.
- Pair up your trip with the fascinating destination of Turkey. From Greeks, to Romans, to Byzantines, to Ottomans, discover a land rich in natural and cultural wonders, where Europe meets Asia.
- Continue on to to Greece, for a spectacular journey into the cradle of Western civilization by private helicopter and yacht.
- Diocletian’s Palace in Split
- Blue Grotto in Biševo Island
- Vis Island
- Pakleni Island Archipelago
- Pelješac Peninsula
- Lokrum Island
- Bay of Kotor
- Sveti Stefan
- Mountain and road biking
- Sea kayaking
- Exclusive tour of the Ivan Meštrović Gallery in Split which houses some of Croatia’s most notable works of art with the museum curator
- Sea kayaking excursion inside the Blue Grotto in Biševo
- Private luxury motor yacht with expert captain for day excursions around Dalmatian Islands
- Private wine orientation and tasting at a private family run vineyard on the Pelješac Peninsula
- Private oyster tasting and fresh mussels cooked al fresco in a private estate by the sea accompanied by fine local Croatian white wines and special set up provided by Blue Parallel
- Lunch in a deserted historic village which offers insight into authentic Dalmatia
- A dedicated team always one step ahead who will coordinate all activities and excursions as well as top-of-the-line equipment, so that they are ready upon arrival such as sea kayaking, biking, etc on each island or venue
- Private opening of a historical palace in Dubrovnik for special dinners or events
- Option to stay in a luxurious private estate located on the waterfront in Dubrovnik
- VIP airport assistance
- And much more...
- Best Time to Go
- Recommended Stay
- Price Reference
(8 Days, Private party of 2)
- Price Reference
(8 Days, Private party of 4)
- Price Reference
(8 Days, Private party of 6)
- May > June
September > Mid-October
- 8 - 10 Days
- Starting at $15,500
- Starting at $13,000
- Starting at $11,500
Note: Prices will vary based on the specifics of your itinerary and the number of passengers in your party.
What is included in your luxury tour to the Adriatic Coast:
- Luxury accommodations at
- Vestibul Palace (Split)
- Adrianna Hotel (Hvar)
- Villa Dubrovnik (Dubrovnik)
- Aman Sveti Stefan (Montenegro)
- Services of Blue Parallel hosts, private specialized guides and expert crew throughout the journey
- All special events, private guided tours, private excursions, private outdoor activities, spa treatments, entrance fees, all equipment
- Private motor boat at your disposal to visit the highlights of the Adriatic Coast
- Continual monitoring of your journey by a Blue Parallel team composed of a personal travel expert in our offices, and a personal host in each destination.
- All transportation
- Most meals
- A Blue Parallel customized travel kit that you will receive prior to departure